Xamarin Realm-Tasks error logging into server

I’ve set up my own ROS and can access it from the Realm Studio, but, when I try to run the example code for RealmTasks, on trying to login I get “an error has occurred while sending the request”. I have updated all NuGet packages, and, have entered in the correct IP for the ROS, including the 9080 port.

The logs on the server do not indicate any access by the app, so, it’s obviously not even getting to the login. Below is the trace.

— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00037] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.0.0.15/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:187
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.0.0.15/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:156
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.0.0.15/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:128
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.0.0.15/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/compilerservices/TaskAwaiter.cs:113
at RealmTasks.ViewModelBase+d__18.MoveNext () [0x00077] in /Users/me/Downloads/realm-tasks-master/RealmTasks Xamarin/RealmTasks/ViewModels/ViewModelBase.cs:86

This seems to be a very simple use case, is this demo code current?

Found the issue, the app HARD CODES the protocol to https, even though you enter it through the UI, it overrides to “https”.

Please fix, this will save others frustration and needless wasted time!