Support for Flutter

I didn’t want revive this old thread, so I’m starting a new one here.

I’m wondering if you’ve made any more considerations regarding support for Flutter. It looks to be Google’s going to pushing it more and more. I see that there’s going to be at least 3 sessions at Google IO this year regarding Flutter. It’s also gotten it’s own category in the schedule too.

We’re looking at moving to Flutter at work and it would be nice with proper support for Realm. In the mean time, we’ll have to do something custom with the Flutter platform channels.

There is not much new on this. We are still monitoring the development, but have not yet decided to support Flutter. I would be curious to hear how it goes for you and your experience with it! With enough demand and interest perhaps the community could be helping out with this.

As pointed out on the old thread, they are blocked by the very awkward Flutter C++ support where basically you have to go back to call something through Java or Objective-C. That’s an issue for many of us who would like to put Flutter on top of some C++ libs.