Realm Studio Linux doesn't open

I just downloaded Realm Studio to try out the platform, and immediately ran into the following problem on Fedora 27:

installed: X-AppImage-BuildId=a32bae20-00f0-11a8-0741-fd63265102a9 image: X-AppImage-BuildId=a32bae20-00f0-11a8-0741-fd63265102a9
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: /tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.3kuYTD: undefined symbol: SSL_library_init
    at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
    at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:598:18)
    at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:186:18)
    at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)
    at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_realm-PseMnG/app/resources/app.asar/node_modules/realm/lib/index.js:102:28)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_realm-PseMnG/app/resources/app.asar/node_modules/realm/lib/index.js:131:3)

Can you please check what’s going on there?

Hi Geotob,

Thank your for posting this!
It seems that we did indeed release a broken version (1.17.1) of Studio for Linux.

We are currently in the process of fixing this and in the meantime we’ve reverted to 1.16.1 being the latest version of Studio and you can download a working AppImage for linux here: https://studio-releases.realm.io/v1.16.1/download/linux-appimage

I’ll update this post when we release a new version fixing the original issue. Expect Studio to automatically update once that happens.

To prevent this from happening in the future, we are looking into establishing post-build tests that exercises the app on all the platforms we’re releasing for.

Thanks again - I’m sorry for any inconvenience this might have bought you.