Realm Studio Blank Screen on public Wifi

cloud

Under what circumstances is a getting a blank screen acceptable when using Realm Studio? I can connect using the Node API on the same machine, but Realm Studio seems stumped!

Seeing similar behavior on a private wifi network. Seems like maybe realm cloud is down, but I can’t find a status page to check.

I’m getting similar behavior on multiple networks, multiple machines, all running Ubuntu. Seems to work fine on Windows 10

This is unexpected behaviour - and it’s most probably an artifact of an uncaught exception in Studio. Can you share some insights into what actions lead up to this? We recently fixed some issues where this could happen when deleting users and realms - perhaps that was the root cause?

// Kræn

For me, I signed up for trial versions of both the self hosted and the cloud version.

The self hosted version seems to work just fine. I follow the documentation to get started with the ROS, and all goes well. The server spins up, and I can connect to, view, and alter data with Realm Studio.

However, when I connect to the cloud instance, using Ubuntu on either 16.04 or 18.04(both on multiple machines), I see it attempting to authenticate, and then the screen goes blank, just like pictured above. When using a Windows 10 VM with Ubuntu as the host OS, it works just fine.

Hope this helps, I really don’t want to have to use a VM just to access the data.

I stil got his error. What do you need to debug this problem?

@kraenhansen When I run it console this is the the log. I am not using public WIFI.

symbol lookup error: /tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.8RoG8l: undefined symbol: SSL_get0_param

@kraenhansen I also made a video.
ezgif-1-9d58741998

This is a known issue with the current version of Realm Studio and Ubuntu. We are working on this.

Here is the corresponding issue: https://github.com/realm/realm-js/issues/1864