Notifications flow

Hi guys, I have a question about realm notifications, in scope of object changeset notification.
I’ve got (sample user{id, name, age}) user model from server and put it in realm (via calling createOrUpdate) and the listener is called every time with chengedFields list which contains all fields (in user case: name and age), but name and age were not changed and are equal to previous value. Is there a way to get notification when object has different contents only? And maybe there exists some other approach to work with this requirements?

It was tracked in https://github.com/realm/realm-java/issues/2288 but no one really figured out what the API should look like for it.

So copyToRealmOrUpdate/insertOrUpdate copies all fields, whether it is distinct or not. Realm-Core tracks the set* operations so setting to the same value counts as setting the value with the value that is coincidentally the same as before.

I thought about this and it would be possible to write a kind of merge method that checks for quality and it could be an annotation processor like realmfieldnameshelper, but no one’s ever written it.