Failed to start notifier on Realm Server 1.1.0 with Realm 3.0.0 installed

It seems that Realm 3.0.0 is not compatible with Realm Server 1.1.0 on .Net platform (My ROS version is 3.1.8).
When Realm 3.0.0 and Realm Server 1.1.0 installed together, and a notifer is being started by calling Notifier.StartAsync it throws an exception:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.

Please take a look.

Which platform does that happen on? Linux/Windows/macOS?

ROS is deployed on Ubuntu 16.04, and the Realm server development environment is Windows 10.
When I remove the reference of Realm 3.0.0 package, everything is ok.

Can you share a project that reproduces this?

All right. I deployed ROS to a public server. Please take a look at my source code
RealmServerTest.zip

Thanks for submitting the project. I verified the crash. We’ll try to debug and fix whatever’s causing it soon.

Getting same exception trying to run a test in xunit. After last assertion it throws:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException : External component has thrown an exception.
Exception doesn’t have a stacktrace

I tried calling dispose on the realm but no change.

Realm 3.0.0 with default local realm
basically

var realm = Realm.GetInstance();
realm.Write(() => realm.Add(newItem));
var actual = realm.All().First(d => d.Id == newItem.Id)
Assert.Equal(newItem.Id, actual.Id)

realm.Dispose() //Added as precaution

Do you have any updates?

We’re working on it. In the meantime, you can downgrade Realm to 2.2.0.

Any news about when the Realm.Server will be updated?

After some months any news about this problem? :disappointed_relieved:
I would like to show a notifier during a conference talk tomorrow evening but I also have this not so beautiful crash when I try to call Notifier.StartAsync(notifierConfig)
This is the error in terminal:

dotnet(3092,0x70000e6cc000) malloc: can't allocate region
*** mach_vm_map(size=140735684833280) failed (error code=3)
dotnet(3092,0x70000e6cc000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc
bash: line 1:  3091 Abort trap: 6           "/Applications/Code/Visual Studio.app/Contents/Resources/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/DotNetCore.Debugger/Adapter/vsdbg" --interpreter=vscode --connection=/var/folders/0v/3n1fj8wj0794751jztkk7xtc0000gn/T/CoreFxPipe_vsdbg-ui-bf0d298a95154d5a823c667dc2a68561

Realm 3.2.1
Realm.Server 1.1.0

It means that it doesn’t work with any 3. version and I need to revert to version 2??? :persevere::persevere:

Yes, you’ll need to downgrade to 2.2.0 :confused: I’m sorry about that, but we’ve had other priorities that have kept us from updating the native bits there.

ok thank you Nikola, I try to revert and I’ll let you know tomorrow morning :grinning:

I’m trying to launch a realm cloud RealmNotifier in an IHostedService on Asp.Net core 2.2. Without success. It seems to fails hard and silently

The same ASP.NET (Kestrel) server is running against the same realm cloud and also using a local realm db - with no problems.