Cant access realm cloud from an ec2 instance on AWS

Hi,

I am trying to access my ream cloud from an ec2 instance. I have a security group extremely open for my test Allow all traffic through all ports from and to everywhere.

When connecting to realm I get this exception:

Connection[1]: Connected to endpoint '35.162.147.16:443' (from '172.17.0.2:37442')
Connection[1]: Verifying server SSL certificate using 155 root certificates
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'realm::SchemaMismatchException'
  what():  Migration is required due to the following errors:
- Property '__ResultSets.time_to_live' has been added.
- Property '__ResultSets.name' has been added.
- Property '__ResultSets.created_at' has been added.
- Property '__ResultSets.updated_at' has been added.
- Property '__ResultSets.expires_at' has been added.
- Property '__ResultSets.matches_count' has been removed.

The funny thing is that exactly the same docker image executed in local works perfectly.

I kind of wonder if there are some firewall settings on cloud.realm.io? What coudl that be?

For anyone else who may experience this:

@fransjr was using deleteRealmIfMigrationNeeded: true in the configuration when opening their realm. The option is intended for development on local machines to make an evolving schema easier to work with.

After removing the option they were no longer hitting the schema mismatch.

Hey Eric!

That was indeed the case. Let us give our gratitude also for helping us via customer service!

It still confuses me why from a docker in localhost we wouldnt receive the error but from a docker in a hosted machine we would, I guess the cloud checks for this kind of things: The option is intended for development on local machines <— so I guess you check something and that’s why the response is different.

Thank you again!