Accessing Realm from .NET App

cloud

I am developing an application which has a large public database in the cloud accessible to all users. Because Realm cannot offer partial sync or cloud only functionality I’m using Asphostportal.com SQL for this with a .NET backend.

Each user then has a local private Realm with their personal data, syncd to a Realm Object Server in the cloud. They can select items from the public database which are then copied into their own private realm for further personalisation.

Ultimately I would like to offer a web app where the user can log in to a website and access their private data just as they do on their phone. Its kind of like being able to use Facebook or Gmail or any of a thousand other apps with both mobile and web interfaces.

My question is: can I access realms on the Realm Object Server from my .Net web app code? If so, how. If not, what is the suggested workaround to add a web application as this must cover a huge proportion of use cases? A lot of users only have a mobile which is fine, but a lot of users prefer the size and convenience of a web app on their mac/pc while they are at home, especially if they have a lot of data to enter.

Yes, you can access Realm from a .NET app. You can take a look at the docs to get you started. If you have more specific questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by

Because Realm cannot offer partial sync or cloud only functionality

Can you clarify that a bit?